Tuesday, November 24, 2009

About the new kid in town, Chrome OS

I know I don't need to explain what Chrome OS is, so I will come straight to my views about it.

Firstly, I love the fact that some OS vendor has finally come to realize that most of the user apps now are web based and are modelling their OS based on this fact. Also I like their obsession with startup speed.

Additionally since everything runs in a browser, the cost of hardware could be so cheap, that there are already rumors about google giving away the netbooks for free. Which definitely would be super exciting.

However there is one aspect which myself and some other guys might have reservations on, i.e. everything goes on the cloud. This means that you have no control over your data and as soon as you put something on it, it goes to someone else's computer.

I think they should make the cloud feature optional and allow for local storage as well.

No comments: